Check out the latest news from the Growing2gether project!
- 2nd July 2019 – Film by Inverness pupils puts spotlight on teen pregnancy! Read more here.
- 10th May 2019 – Moray Charity Shortlisted for National Award! Read more here.
- 3rd May 2019 – Growing2gether nominated for a Scottish Charity Award! Read more here.
- 12th March 2019 – Growing2gether receive funding from The National Lottery Communit Fund! Read more here.
- 14th February 2019 – Cabinet Secretary, Aileen Campbell visits one of the Growing2gether projects to unveil new funding! Read more here.
Growing2gether Recognised at Scottish Charity Awards Ceremony on 14 June 2019
Diana Whitmore, Director Scotland, and Elaine Bennett, our Fundraising Director were delighted to represent Ecologia Youth Trust and our pioneering Growing2gether project at the recent Scottish Charity Awards Ceremony.
The event, hosted by broadcaster Sally Magnusson at the Edinburgh International Conference Centre on 14th June, was attended by nearly 500 representatives from charities, government and funders. Although we did not win the final Award, we were delighted that, just three years after Growing2gether started, we beat hundreds of other entries to be a finalist: “Being short listed for a Scottish Charity Award (Pioneering Project) is an honour which we are thrilled to receive. It reflects the pride that we feel for the incredible young people that we serve, who teach us so much and show us their greatness, fundamental goodness and generosity of spirit. I would also like to thank all of our supporters, staff and everyone else who voted for us to receive the People’s Choice Award.” Diana Whitmore, Growing2gether founder.
Growing2gether was chosen as a finalist because is the only programme in Scotland, which pairs young people as mentors to nursery children needing extra support and combines this with life skills coaching. We inspire young people, facing challenges, to achieve their potential. The children gain the skills they need to thrive at school.
Since 2017, we have transformed the lives of over 600 young people/children: 71% of young people said Growing2gether made them feel more confident; we improve mental health by 24%. “I finally feel I am ok as a person. I always thought everyone else was better than me. This group helped me try different things.” Susan, Growing2gether participant, aged 14
Find out more about the Scottish Charity Awards here.