Kitezh and Orion Children’s Communities in Russia have hosted several youth and school group visits from the UK, USA and Canada over the last few years. These groups of young people have had a fantastic opportunity to experience a different culture by living in the Russian communities and making friends there. Some also enabled the youth from Kitezh and Orion to visit and experience the countries and cultures of their visitors. Some School and Youth groups return year after year with new students to discover the unique experience that Kitezh and Orion have to offer.
To enquire about School visits, Youth Groups or youth exchanges, please contact us.
School & Youth Group Visits
- St Paul’s Girls School – groups from St Paul’s Girls School in London and Bedales School visited Orion in July 2014, 2015 and 2016. They plan another visit in summer 2018.
- Sevenoaks School – Kitezh Youth Exchange – Sevenoaks School in Kent, UK, have visited Kitezh every year at Easter since 2012. Groups of foster children from Kitezh were hosted in London by Sevenoaks in June 2013 and again in 2016. Read a touching letter from a Sevenoaks student here. In April 2017 they visited Orion for the first time.
- Bainbridge Island-Kitezh – June 2016 marked the fourth annual visit of high school students from a non-profit organisation from Bainbridge Island, USA. Read about the 2014 experience at Kitezh in the Bainbridge Island Review. In a podcast organiser Loretta Stanton talks about Kitezh and how they came to volunteer there.
- Mind The Gap – Thirty young people met in Russia in Spring 2012 to create a theatrical performance together – coming from Kitezh, Moscow and England.
- The Haven – a Gabriola Island, Canada, non-profit organisation ran a youth exchange in 2013 between Kitezh and Canadian graduates of their Youth Leadership Programme.
- Findhorn-Kitezh Youth Exchange – a youth exchange took place in 2009 between youth from the Findhorn Community, Scotland and children from Kitezh Children’s Community, Russia, first at Kitezh in Russia and then at Findhorn in Scotland.