Below are our preferred dates for arrivals and departures, on a Wednesday, at Domodedovo Airport, Moscow.
Dates for 2020-21
- 24 June – 21 September
Russian Language Course for Beginners & Intermediate students 24 June – 22 July
- 18 August – 4 November 2020
- 9 September – 9 December 2020
- 7 October 2020 – 6 January 2021
- 4 November 2020 – 10 February 2021
- 9 December 2020 – 10 March 2021
- 13 January – 14 April 2021
These dates are based on 3-month stays, which we recommend, although some volunteers may choose to stay for 2 months. For longer stays we can provide visa support to return for a second 3 month period. Visas are available for a maximum of 90 days at one time.
Summer volunteers may take part in a 2-week intensive Russian Language Course for Beginners OR Intermediate Students followed by 2 week or 2 months volunteering opportunity. Volunteers should also be willing to pitch in and help wherever they are needed to support the summer camp leaders.
Please contact us if these dates are not suitable or for more information.
How to Apply
- Complete our Volunteers Introductory Questionnaire.
- Your application will be sent to Kitezh or Orion to give them a sense of who you are and in case they have any questions about your application.
- You will receive further information on what to expect and the costs involved.
- Once your application has been accepted, you will be asked to call our office for a Skype or phone interview, to make sure you know what is expected of you, and what you can expect from being a volunteer.
- Please do start to prepare for your volunteering experience at Kitezh-Orion at least 3 months before you plan to travel, as arranging visas and planning your visit all takes time.
We ask volunteers to arrive and depart at Domodedovo Airport, Moscow, on Wednesdays. The Kitezh minibus will meet you and take you directly to Kitezh or Orion. The journey takes 2 hours to Orion, and 5 hours to Kitezh.
Your 90 day visa allows you to stay for an extra few days in Moscow at the end of your volunteering period if you wish.
Contact us for more information about costs and our booking procedure.
Find out here more about what to expect from your volunteering experience.