Our Fundraising Toolkit will help you plan your fundraising events.
Promoting Your Fundraiser
- Ask sponsors to tick the gift aid box on your sponsor form
- Ask your employer to match the amount that you raise
- Create posters and put notices in staff/social group newsletters
- Use social networks such as Facebook and Twitter
- Contact your local media. If you want to write a press release, remember the following: who, why, when, where, what and how. Is there anything about your event that could capture a readers attention if they saw it in their local paper? Keep it short, write in the third person. A good picture will go a thousand miles.
- See the Institute of Fundraising’s ‘five minute fundraiser’ page here (UK based but filled with handy information).
Useful links and websites
- The UK’s professional fundraising body: www.institute-of-fundraising.org.uk
- How2Fundraise: www.how2fundraise.org
- For information on grant giving organisations and foundations, visit The Directory of Social Change: www.dsc.org.uk
- To collect donations online, we recommend using VirginMoneyGiving or BTMydonate
- VirginMoneyGiving offer an app for your phone: https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/giving/vmg-app/
- For online selling, try www.ebay.co.uk, http://www.gumtree.com/ or Mission Fish: www.missionfish.org.uk
- For setting up a blog: www.blogger.com or www.wordpress.com
Some examples of fundraising events include: The London Santa Run every December, Fun runs and marathons (for example the Oxford Half Marathon in October and The Color Run in locations around the USA and UK), The London to Paris Bike Ride (several per year), Skydiving, Adventure Treks (for example climbing Mt Kilimanjaro), a sponsored challenge (for example giving up your favourite food or drink for a certain period of time – something that you personally will find challenging)
- If you plan on taking part in a fundraising run, here is great resource to help you prepare for a 5K run.
- Other ideas: Bag packing at your local supermarket, a pub quiz night, a raffle, a karaoke night, a fancy dress event, shave your hair off, tea and coffee mornings
- Perhaps you’d like to coincide your fundraiser with key calender dates. Have a look at this ‘Key Dates Calender’ for ideas
For more information, please contact us.