As an Ambassador, you will play an important part in increasing our awareness. This could include:
- Posting updates on Social Media
- Advertising us in your workplace’s newsletter
- Putting up posters or making our newsletters available in your community, workplace, university or school
- Talking about us
Ambassadors will also help us to fundraise by either organising small-scale fundraising events in their community, workplace, university or school; or by supporting event that Ecologia are running, such as sponsored walks, stalls at community events. These events raise both vital funds and awareness for Ecologia Youth Trust. We understand that Ambassadors may be unable to organise fundraising events in their workplace due to existing charity relationships.
Our Ambassadors are always welcome to take part in our Challenges, and we will always notify our Ambassadors of upcoming events that Ecologia is taking part in. We can also support Ambassdors who want to complete their own personal challenges, such as running 10ks, half marathons, taking on a tough mudder competition or even completing a fundraising skydive! This year, two of our supporters spent 176 days running around Ireland – travelling unsupported (carrying everything they need) and camping outside. If you’ve got a challenge you’d like to accomplish to raise money for Ecologia Youth Trust, please get in touch!
We ask for 1-2 hours per month as a guide, but we know that this might not always be possible. An average month for a volunteer Ambassador might look like this:
- Putting up posters in their local community, workplace or school
- Speaking to people you know about Ecologia and the important work that we do
- Advertising our volunteer scheme and child sponsorship scheme programme
- Speaking to people who are interested in becoming an Ambassafor
- Having a catch-up with the Volunteer Coordinator to find out about upcoming events – this will likely be done by email
- Sharing posts on Social Media
Aside from this, we ask that you support us with 2 fundraising events per year. This can either be fundraising events that you wish to do yourself, or you can support us by taking part in a Team event. This can mean either taking part in our events such as kiltwalks, showing support for us at finishing lines, or helping to run stalls at community fairs etc.
Support from Ecologia
- Volunteer Ambassador Welcome Pack, which includes information about Ecologia Youth Trust, registration and challenge form, helpful materials, relevant policies and fundraising ideas
- Monthly email updates from Ecologia
- Free resources to help plan and run events – these will be available from our website
- Ongoing support from our Volunteers Coordinator, who is easily contactable by email or phone for any questions or concerns that Ambassadors might have
Benefits of volunteering as an Ambassador
- A unique opportunity to raiase awareness of an international charity that supports
disadvantaged children and young people in Scotland and across the world, and help
them to realise their potential
- The opportunity to develop your skills in communication event organising and
campaigning. We don’t expect you to have these skills already – all you need is to be
committed to the cause and willing to talk to people about Ecologia
- The opportunity to meet like-minded people who are also passionate about enabling
young people around the world
- It will look great on your CV, university applications, – and we will happily provide a
reference for any future employers
Who can be an Ambassador?
You can be an Ambassador if you are:
- 16 years or older
- Willing to give a couple of hours each month to volunteer (this can be flexible), and
help us with 2 fundraising events per year.
- Committed to volunteering with Ecologia and agree to our policies
Sounds great! How can I get involved?
Just contact us at volun[email protected] and we’ll take care of the rest.
If you already have an Ambassador Welcome Pack, just return the registration form and challenge
sheet to us.
If you have any questions, get in touch with Robyn, our Volunteer Coordinator:
Email: [email protected] or call 01309 690995
We hope to hear from you soon!