All our Staff, Trustees, Consultants, Advisors and our Patron, are passionate about making a positive difference to the lives of disadvantaged young people around the world. Meet the people behind Ecologia…
- Liza Hollingshead – Liza is the founder and Executive Director of Ecologia. She was born and educated in South Africa and worked there as a high school teacher. She moved to live in the Findhorn Community in 1974. She started Ecologia in 1995 after being introduced to Dmitry Morozov, the founder of Kitezh Children’s Community in Russia, and was inspired to support the community in its mission to rescue orphaned children from institutions and give them homes, families and education in a supportive environment. Read more about Liza’s story here.
- Liz Egan – Liz joined the team in 2012, and worked as Ecologia’s book-keeper and was responsible for the charity’s accounts, bank reconciliations, payroll and statutory returns before handing over to Charlotte. She is currently the charity’s Company Secretary.
- Ali Mudford – Ali joined Ecologia in summer 2018 as Ecologia’s Office Manager and Volunteers Coordinator. She is an experienced project manager, has worked in many industries and is hoping to use these skills to promote Ecologia’s projects. She has travelled abroad extensively, and has been involved in charity events in Scandinavia and The Middle East.
- Diana Whitmore – Diana joined Ecologia in July 2016 as Director, Scotland to develop the Growing2gether programme, expanding Ecologia’s work with children and young people overseas to Scotland. Diana has founded and directed two successful charities over a thirty-five year period and is deeply committed to the well-being of the young.
- Elaine Bennett, Director of Fundraising – Elaine has over 25 years’ charity and commercial experience, including fundraising, PR and communications. Key roles include Director of Fundraising at Teens and Toddlers, the Prostate Cancer Charity and Muscular Dystrophy Campaign, and Head of Corporate and Trusts at the British Red Cross.
- Marjie Beach – Marjie has been Project Manager and Senior facilitator for the Growing2gether programme since its inception. She is a key person in crafting the new Growing2gether curriculum and in setting up new programmes. She has a PG Diploma in Transpersonal Counselling, is a qualified counsellor and speech therapist.
- Ellen Shaw – Ellen joined the Ecologia team in June 2018 as Marketing and Communications Manager. Ellen has lived in Scotland for 3 years and has worked for non-profit and charitable organisations across varied fields. She currently shares her passion for helping young people through Ecologia Youth Trust with teaching and works as a dancer and dance teacher in her spare time.
Cornelia Funke is a multi-award winning author of over 40 best-selling children’s books, including the Inkheart trilogy, and more recently the young adult novels in the ‘Reckless’ series including Reckless and Fearless.
- Gail Shaw
MA Psychology and Counselling, Post Graduate Diploma Psychosynthesis, has taught psychology and major world religions at Colleges in the US and has worked with groups and individuals for 38 years. She has co-founded two intentional co-housing communities and brings these skills to her role as Chair of Trustees and oversees child safeguarding on behalf of Ecologia Youth Trust.
- Diana Whitmore
MA Education, is a psychosynthesis practitioner, who designs and delivers professional training in the fields of business coaching, psychotherapy and counselling, and youth work. She has worked with young people for over 20 years and was Founder Director of youth charity, Teens and Toddlers. Diana is Director, Scotland for Ecologia Youth Trust and is the author of two books, Psychosynthesis in Education: A Guide to the Joy of Learning and Psychosynthesis Counselling in Action.
- Clive Kitson
Clive Kitson has a lifetime engagement and love of Education. He has a background in teaching, Curriculum development in Schools, and the Inservice Education of teachers. He was a faculty member and manager of Education for the Findhorn Foundation Charitable Trust. He has also served as a Trustee of this charity and Director of the Findhorn Foundation College. He brings his care, understanding and experience to the work of Ecologia.
- Catherine Brislee
M.A. Classical Studies, has worked as a bookkeeper and accountant for a number of charities over the past thirty years, and is the Accounts Manager for the Findhorn Foundation.
- Nicholas Hollins
MA politics economics OXON, spent 18 years with Marks and Spencer ending as senior merchandiser for departments with revenue of over £300m. He was CEO of Charnos for four years and brings his business acumen to the Board.
- Liza Hollingshead
BA English UCT South Africa, has worked with young people all her life. As a member of the Findhorn Foundation from 1974 to 1980, she founded and guided the Findhorn Youth Project and was mentor to several generations of young people growing up in the community. She founded Ecologia Youth Trust in 1995 and leads the charity as Executive Director.
- Jane Rasbash is Ecologia’s South-East Asian Projects Consultant